The Chair of the Traprcok Group Beef Committee, Graham Flood, has planned an informative day of learning about bull selection.
The guest speaker for the day is, Timothy Emery (DAF). Below is a snapshot of what will be covered at the event:
- Developing breeding objectives
- BBSE/BULLCHECK and understanding morphology
- Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) – how to make effective use of them
- Understanding what valuable information can be accessed online
- Breeding program options
- Key findings from multiple research projects: Beef CRC, Bull Power, BIN projects etc.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY
- 9:00 - 10:30am - Breeding objectives & BBSE
- 10:30 - 10:50am - Morning Tea
- 10:50 - 12:50pm - EBVs
- 12:50 - 1:30pm - Lunch
- 1:30 - 3:00pm - Research findings, Breeding Programs, Horn/Poll & Summary
- 3.00pm - Refreshments
Date: Friday 16th June 2017
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Venue: Spring Creek (1407 Spring Creek Rd, Cement Mills, QLD, 4352)
Cost: members free, non-members $30
Morning Tea and lunch will be provided. There will be refreshments afterwards.
RSVP: Please complete the form below by Friday the 9th of June 2017 to secure your place