Position of Traprock Group
Activities relating to education and management of wild dogs, are coordinated as a subcommittee of the Sheep Meat and Wool committee.
The Traprock Group maintains a keen interest in the management of Wild Dogs in the Traprock Region and recognises Wild Dogs as a serious threat to the grazing viability of sheep, goats and cattle.
On behalf of it's members, The Traprock Group contributes to Wild Dog management by:
- Collating and disseminating information Wild Dog management to it's members, via email and the Traprock Group website
- Participating in Southern Downs Regional Council and Goondiwindi Regional Council Wild Dog Advisory Committees
- Working with Landcare (Granite Border and Inglewood) and Agforce to:
- provide training on baiting and trapping,
- applying for funding, and
- assisting in the mapping of wild dog movements within the Traprock Region.
- As recipients of Round 1 AWI funding, provided freezers for two baiting co-ordinators
Chair Wild Dog Committee:
Phone: 07 4667 4194